Serves: 2 | Total Time: 1 Hour 15 Minutes
This cold tomato soup recipe is perfect if you love the flavor of a fresh tomato right out of your garden.
Unlike traditional tomato gazpacho which is seasoned heavily with onions, this cold tomato soup recipe is cooled down with cucumber.
Lime and mint brighten things up, and the acidity of the tomatoes is toned down with the creamy ingredients.
The result is this perfectly balanced combination of summer flavor that sings to every taste bud on your tongue.
Yes, there is something for everyone in this little bowl of soup!
Tomato Cucumber Soup
Total Time: 1 Hour 15 Minutes
(Prep: 10 Minutes / Cook: 5 Minutes / Chill: 1 Hour)
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 4 medium tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, roughly chopped with skin on
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon chopped mint leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon Maharajah Style Curry
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch black pepper
- 3 drops lime essential oil (or 3 teaspoons lime zest)
1. Heat olive oil in a medium pan over medium. Add the onions and saute for 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for another 2 minutes or until you begin to see the tomatoes give up their juices. Remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
2. Puree the tomato mixture in a blender by pulsing several times. Add the cucumbers and pulse until chopped into small pieces. Add in the remaining ingredients and pulse until well combined.
3. Chill the soup for a minimum of 1 hour. Serve in bowls garnished with mint leaves and a grind of black pepper.
To get a nice, clean cut on the tomatoes, use a serrated knife.
Goes great with: