Serves: 4 | Total Time: 30 Minutes
This is one of my favorites when it comes to easy chorizo recipes.
Since I love spicy Mexican sausage in tacos, burritos, quesadillas, or just by itself - this easy chorizo recipe is perfect for evenings when I am not quite sure what to make.
I added the peppers and onions right into the pan with the chorizo when I was cooking it. Because they soak up all the flavors (and colors!) of the chorizo, this recipe becomes the perfect, easy filling for any Mexican-inspired dish.
If you want (and I do this all the time), you can serve this rendition of the spicy Mexican sausage on a plate all by itself. No messy tacos or burritos needed! Just grab your fork and eat this easy chorizo with sides of homemade guacamole and a cool cucumber salad to balance out the heat.
Oh, and don’t forget to top it with a dollop of sour cream!
Total Time: 30 Minutes
(Prep: 5 Minutes / Cook: 25 Minutes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 yellow onions, cut into 1/4 to 1/2 inch crescents
- 1 red bell pepper; cored, seeded and julienned
- 2 lbs. chorizo sausage, casings removed
- 1 teaspoon Mark's Seasoning Mix
1. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium. Add the onions and sauté for 10 minutes, stirring constantly, until the onions begin to caramelize.
2. Add the red bell pepper and continue to cook for another 5 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent the onions from burning.
3. Add chorizo meat to the skillet with the vegetables. Using a wooden spoon, break it up into small chunks and stir continuously until the juices begin to render, about 5 minutes.
4. Sprinkle the contents of the skillet with Mark's Seasoning Mix and stir to combine. Cook for another 5 minutes until cooked through.
5. Serve as a filling for your favorite Mexican dish (tacos, burritos, quesadillas, etc.) or by itself as an entree on a plate.
Goes great with: