Serves: 4 | Total Time: 10 Minutes
This is one of the easiest summer side dish recipes I’ve made in a while.
If you are like me and you like your food on the spicier side (yes, even in the heat of summer!), then you will want a side dish recipe that is cool and refreshing to go alongside your kickin’ entrees.
This salad not only works great as a summer side dish, but you can use it all year round as a filling in spicy tacos or burritos, too.
Mmmmmm, a recipe that is as versatile as it is good.
Options are always nice, aren’t they?
Cool Cucumber Salad
Total Time: 10 Minutes
- 1 cup sliced butter lettuce (can also use Boston Bib)
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, thinly julienned on a mandoline
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- salt and pepper to taste
1. After prepping the cucumber, use paper towels to pat as much moisture out of the cucumber pieces as you can without crushing them.
2. Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl and chill until ready to serve.
It is important to get as much moisture out of the cucumbers as you can before you mix up this salad. This will prevent the salad from getting soggy.
To do this, after you've run your cucumber through the mandolin, collect the shreds and place them into a bowl lined heavily with paper towels. Put more paper towels on top and gently press to soak up some of the liquid. Keep doing this with new paper towels until most of the moisture is soaked up.
Wrap the cucumber shreds in dry paper towels and allow them to rest in the refrigerator until you are ready to use them.
Goes great with: